- 3D View
- software to visualize, measure and markup 3D native CAD/CAM models
- an open GL-based rendering technology that enables users working in a
standard Web browser to manipulate and add images and textures to
photographic images. From Cre8tiv.
max (formerly 3D Studio Max) - 3D animation and modeling software for
character animation, generation game development and visual effects
production. Works with the Character Studio plug-in, for creating crowd
scenes, whether animal or human. From Discreet, a division of Autodesk.
Graphics - makers of 4D Design
- photorealistic rendering add-on for AutoCAD (reviews)
- creators of Photoshop and Illustrator, plus such Web tools as Atmosphere,
for creating realistic and immersive environments online, and SVG Viewer, a
browser plug-in to render scalable vector graphics
Visual Systems - makers of software for analyzing and displaying large
amounts of data, including AVS/Express
3D - 3D modeling application offers tools such as NURBS, polygonal
curves and Gordon surfaces. Runs on both Windows and Macintosh OS. From
Pro - modeling and animation software that creates 3D objects using
real-time 2D brushes and design tools. From Electric Image, Inc.
- Anark new Arete
Image Software - makers of photorealistic oceanographic and atmospheric
software, including Digital PyroTools to create realistic fire, smoke and
VIZ (formerly 3D Studio VIZ) - create and communicate designs in a
real-time 3D visualization environment (reviews)
- procedural 3D plant modeling technology, delivers a complete suite of
professional solutions for 3D photorealistic plant & outdoor
- provides fully automated 3D camera tracking and calibration from film or
video material. From 2D3.
- a suite of tools that captures the action and sound from any part of the
Windows desktop and saves it to a standard AVI movie file or streaming
video, for computer-based training, product demonstrations and sales and
technical presentations. From TechSmith Corp.
Studio - graphics application for both Macintosh and Windows handles 3D
modeling, animation, rendering and special effects, from Eovia (reviews)
- makers of high-speed 3D visualization and animation software for finite
element analysis programs
Digital Systems - producer of high-performance projection technologies,
including the world's first stereoscopic 3-D digital projector
Graphics - Corel Draw, Photopaint, Designer, more
Inc. - makers of Adobe Illustrator plug-ins for CAD: BluePrintTools-Pro,
to draw simple blueprints, design with dimension lines and measure over a
curved line; and EXDXF-Pro, to convert bézier curves from Illustrator to a
smooth line with minimal anchor points
- makers of Web-based interactive 3D graphics software, including,
Cult3D and PuppetTime
Software - CAD and graphics software for both Windows and Mac OS
- makers of systems and software for digital image creation, manipulation
and editing. Products are: 3ds max, 3D Autodesk VIZ, Lightscape, edit, fire,
smoke, flame, flint, combustion, inferno, frost, character studio, reactor
- imaging tools and media for artists, designers and architects including
tree & foliage visualization products that work like paints in Painter
& Paint Shop Pro
- raytracing and radiosity for Rhino, by Robert McNeel
- formZ -
3D solid modeling, visualization and rendering software (reviews)
3D - makers of 3D object modeling, digitizing and conversion/importing
plug-ins for 3ds max and VIZ. Applications include ResErect, Scribe-iT,
Surf-iT and MicroScribe-MAX.
- generate procedural surface maps and texture surfaces, by Digimation (reviews)
Software Inc. - specializes in software to improve the presentation of
data and images on computing devices
- clip-art libraries from IMAGETECTS featuring photorealistic images of
people, trees, shrubs, cars and trucks and tropical plants
- rendering software for transforming 3D models into visuals, by Alias (reviews)
Product Animator - windows based animation package integrated into PTC,
I-DEAS, SolidWorks and other MCAD products. By Immersive Design.
- engineering model rendering and animation
- generates interactive Web-based animations from 3D product model
assemblies created by the leading CAD systems. From Immersive Design. (reviews)
- an open, extensible program with multiple rendering algorithms that can be
combined in one scene to create multiple effects. From Steamboat Software.
- makers of CLOTH technology, which allows users to create realistic
animations of clothes and fabric
- radiosity-enhanced images for photorealistic images, will be retired
by by Autodesk in January 2003 (reviews)
3D - 3D graphics and animation by NewTek (reviews)
Design - makers of rendering, simulation and visualization software,
including LightWorks, a rendering tool for producing photorealistic 3D
images and animations; LightWorks Real-time Plus add-on for interactive
rendering; and LightWorks Sketch, a rendering product that provides the
ability to instantly create non-photorealistic, impressionistic and stylized
- makers of an application suite including Content Server, to view
high-resolution photos and scanned documents; MrSID, to reduce
high-resolution photos and images; and DjVu, to reduce scanned documents 50
to 100 times smaller than PDF files
- camera tracking with computer graphics, by REALVIZ
- create digital imagery, 3D animation and visual effects, by Alias
ray - rendering software that combines the physically correct simulation
of the behavior of light with full programmability to create photorealistic
imagery and visual effects
Designer - graphics software for schematics, drafting, technical
illustration, image editing and Web graphics. From Micrografx.
- 3D publishing tool to create 3D models, renderings, and animations and
output them to the Web. From Ashlar-Vellum.
Photo - plug-in for Autodesk VIZ and 3ds max can model and texture huge
3D urban scenes from aerial photos. From Precision Lightworks.
Computer Graphics - graphics applications include NuGraf Rendering
System (photorealistic rendering software), PolyTrans (3D model translation
software) and NuGraf Developer's 3D Toolkit (3D photorealistic component
libraries for software developers) (reviews)
Inventor - a full-featured object-oriented framework for building
interactive 3D graphics applications. From TGS.
- makers of 3D real-time software for interactive product visualization,
including Opus Realizer, to create visual effects such as automatic
reflections and shadows and real-time lighting and editing; and Opus Studio,
to visualize and analyze data before any physical prototypes are built
- makers of many Web-based applications for creating and viewing of 3D
objects, including Cortona VRML, VRMLPad (and its plug-in Extrusion Editor),
Internet Space Builder, Internet Model Optimizer and Outline3D, an online
tool for marketing products within a real-time environment.
- use photographs to create 3D models. Exports to DXF, 3DS, VRML and other
formats. By Eos Systems Inc.
- post-rendering visualization by Informatix (reviews)
Plugin Site - helps to manage and preview image formats, plug-ins, and
other graphics tools from image, animation, video and 3D applications. From
3D - photorealistic rendering, animation, presentation, and publishing
tool for visual product communication, by Digital Immersion Software
- create architectural virtual reality presentations from CAD designs
- physical lighting simulation system used to create realistic scenes, open
source, by Greg Ward Larson
- site allows users to create architectural renderings online for free by
modeling with DesignWorkshop or other Radiance-compatible 3D CAD software.
From Artifice Inc.
for MAYA - a plug-in that provides an interface between RenderDrive,
ART's 3D rendering system, and Maya, the 3D modeling and animation software
Hemisphere - makers of texturing and painting 3D graphics software,
including Deep Paint 3D and Texture Weapons
- offers interactive imaging tools that transform static digital product
lists into interactive catalogs, allowing customers to adjust a product's
colors, textures and patterns
- SGI -
makers of OpenGL Multipipe and OpenGL Multipipe Software Development Kit,
for SGI's Onyx visualization systems
- 3D graphics toolkit for designers, illustrators and architects, by Curious
- SHAPES -
3D modeling suite contains core geometry modules for general-purpose use and
for geometry and topology applications. From XOX Corporation.
- modeling and rendering for building and product visualization
- for integration of CG elements into live action footage, by REALVIZ
- interactive 2D/3D visualization developer toolkits and PC/Mac desktop
Up - makers of
immersive tools, including SPIN, the spherical projection interface in which
the user literally enters a virtual world by stepping inside a 3-meter
diameter translucent ball and is tracked by five projectors.
- NURBS-based modeling and animation 3D software for interactive Web,
graphic and product design and game markets. From Caligari Corporation. (reviews)
for IntelliCAD - allows users to create 3D models, photorealistic
renderings and keyframe animations, with a full set of NURBS tools. From
- modeling and animation tool by Electric Image (reviews)
SPOTLIGHT - combines drafting and modeling technology with lighting
design and production tools to create light plots, automate paperwork and
visualize design concepts in 3D. From Nemetschek North America.
d'Esprit - realistic 3D scenery, rendering features includes volumetric
effects, glowing materials, lens flares, stars and planets, rocks, more, by
Room Designer - a Web-based room design application that allows
furniture customers to design and "walk-through" their living
Corporation - ConceptCAD, visualization and modeling
- presentation tool converts 3D CAD models into 3D real-time images. From
Authoring Studio - offers integrated object design, animation
composition, 3D modeling, image painting, vector drawing and hypertext
- renders 3D geometry, materials and textures in real-time without the need
for graphic accelerators. From Pixologic, Inc.